Email Vs LinkedIn: The Marketing Battle
Email was the unparalleled sales engagement tool for years. There was no other medium that came close to email for lead generation and consumer interaction.
However, social media transformed the way we communicated.. Now, LinkedIn is quickly becoming the go-to platform for generating leads and putting your message in front of the relevant individuals.
So, which is better for an effective outbound strategy: email or LinkedIn? Take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Advantages of Email Marketing:
- With a single click, you can email thousands of individuals at once.
- Using various tools, you can track if and when your recipient opens your email. This will assist you in developing your plan and identifying your next step accordingly.
- One of the most interesting properties of email marketing campaigns is that they can be customized to meet the specific needs of clients.
- Email marketing may be far more cost-effective than many other kinds of marketing.
Disadvantages of Email Marketing:
- The open and click-through rates of marketing emails might be affected by a lack of customization or communications that are excessively focused on selling instead of giving value to consumers.
- One of the biggest issues with email outreach is that you have very little information about the person or person behind each communication.
- One word sums up the most significant downside of email outreach: SPAM. Delivering an email to someone’s inbox is no simple process. According to email data from SendGrid, 21% of opt-in emails never make it to the inbox.
- Your website may be restricted or suspended as a result of unsolicited emails. If you send a lot of unsolicited emails, your website will almost certainly be reported. This is a significant risk for your organization.
Advantages of LinkedIn Marketing:
- On a platform with millions of members, there are many possibilities, which is one of the reasons why you may easily contact and interact with a range of professionals at the same time.
- InMail, being the premium feature, allows you to contact LinkedIn members who are not connected to you directly. In fact, it has a 166 percent greater open rate than email.
- One of the most significant advantages of LinkedIn is that users are more likely to interact with new individuals because networking is the primary aim of the platform and hence the reason for having an account.
- In LinkedIn you simply have to search and filter your prospects, then message them directly for any business or personal inquiries.
Disadvantages of LinkedIn Marketing:
- As a disadvantage, there is a heated competition on the platform. You’re not the only one looking for the ideal prospect using the correct tool or technique.
- Another downside is that LinkedIn has set limits on the amount of requests that may be made every week (You can send 100 new connections requests per week)
- Sending too many invites to random individuals might cause them to decline your request, triggering LinkedIn’s spam detection.
The Final Word!
In the end, using a combination of email and LinkedIn is the ideal approach to interact and deliver your company’s message. By this you’ll see the effects of a proper outreach campaign i.e. interact with the right people and land new clients!
At Exotto, our team works together to create combined email and LinkedIn outbound strategies. We’ve worked with multiple clients to deliver meetings with targeted prospects by using these strategies. If you need any help with LinkedIn and Email lead generation, we’ll be pleased to assist you.